Its Spooky Season and what better way to commemorate this hour than with some delicious baked goods! I have conjured up some cobweb brownies to help curb your fall cravings. The classic brownie, but with a twist! This cheesecake brownie recipe is based on Creations by Kara’s recipe and the link will be posted below!
Ingredients for the cobwebs
– ½ cup of cream cheese
– 2 tbsp sugar
– ½ egg
– ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the brownies
– ½ cup butter
– 1 cup of sugar
– ½ cup of cocoa powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 eggs
– ¾ cup flour
– Pinch of salt
– ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
How to make them:
- First, start by lining a baking dish with parchment paper. Set this aside, then preheat the oven to 175°C
- Cobwebs: Mix together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add egg and vanilla extract into the mixture is well combined. Set this aside
- Brownie: Melt the butter, then add the sugar and cocoa powder into the butter, mix until combined.
- Mix the egg and vanilla extract into the mixture
- Add the flour, salt, and chocolate chips, and whisk until smooth
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking, making sure it is smooth and even throughout.
- Pour the cobweb mixture into a piping bag, and pipe rings onto the brownie mixture that resembles a shooting target.
- Once all the rings are done, starting from the center of the ring, use a toothpick and drag it out onto the outer ring. Repeat this step 6 times per ring.
- The cream cheese mixture and brownie batter should now resemble a spider web design.
- Bake the brownies at 175°C for around 30 minutes, or until the brownies have set.
Sit back and relax while your cobwebs come too life!
Link to the original recipe: https://www.creationsbykara.com/cheesecake-brownies/
Author: Aisya Roslan
Editor: Kat Nivera
Illustrator: Chelsea Blijlevens